Thursday, August 13, 2009

Surreality

It's surreal,
like you're still here
warm & alive,
right around the corner
or in the next state,
heart beating
charismatic smile
mischievous eyes
in St. Louis
or the Keys
playing hide
and seek.

You're hiding, but
I don't really
want to seek you
because I know
you can't be found,
not on this planet,
maybe in the ethers,
in Spirit.

Even though
I am sure there
is life after death,
that you are
partying with
the other family
angels,
I cry selfish tears
because I miss you,
your human-ness,
the flesh of you,
though I know
you are right
where you are
meant to be.

Even though I didn't
see you often,
I loved you always,
A grand canyon
heart of love.

You can't be gone
because I spoke
to you not that
long ago.
We laughed,
reminisced,
shared,
you were lucid
that time.

If I call your
cell, surely you'll
answer
with some wise
guy remark
some soft
laughter.
But, no you
won't pick up,
not because it's busy
because there's nobody
home
anymore.

I love you




No comments:

Post a Comment