Friday, July 24, 2009

groceries

so Kevin and I spent hours waiting
for rides

Mom had to drive miles
to bring us to the Church
where the dance was

long after the first
kisses and goodbyes

we were playing
as we always did
messing around
waiting

I shoved a grocery cart
at Kevin
he caught it
spun it around and shoved it back at me
I ole'd it
and the cart went on by
smashing the front door
of the Safeway
taking it down

we had some bad luck as kids
the police car was driving by
they thought we should go with them
i think they were overly serious
talkig about charging us
with breaking and entering
robbery, etc.

somehow Mom caught up with us
at the station
disappointed
and nervous
about her boys
must've been 1 am by then
poor Mom

but Kevin and I
were lucky
to have her

just another anecdote
of two brothers
who loved
who played
who gambled
and
sometimes
won

No comments:

Post a Comment