Sunday, July 26, 2009

When I REALLY needed someone

there was a time
at a particularly low point in my life
where I REALLY needed someone
I had gone off to my annual conference
at Asilomar in Monterey
the conference had gone well
I couldn't wait to get home to see my boys
and Lynda
when I did arrive
after a couple hour drive
the place was empty
only a note
"I need space"
she had taken Stevie and Johnnie
with her, no notice
no discussion
well
it was bad
Dad was there for me
and Kevin was too

After couple months had transpired
Lynda had (again without notice)
filed for sole custody in N.Y.
**freak out**
no way I could live my days
without Stevie and Johnnie
so I asked my friend Tony
if he could help
he refused
I couldn't think of anyone
else that I could ask
except the one who had been there
for me
more than anyone in my life
I asked Kevin
he really didn't want to
get involved
like Tony
but unlike Tony he did
he left his life
came with me
to N.Y.
I had to let Lynda know
I was suing for custody in CA
but I couldn't tell her myself
(legally)
Kevin stood tall
he was everything a brother
and a best friend could ever be

he was a lover
he was a fighter
he was a midnight rider.

so sorry I couldn't be there
for his last great ride.

lovingly,

yo bro

No comments:

Post a Comment