Sunday, September 13, 2009

Memories of Kevin

When I was 12 years old...I had 2 loves....Paul McCartney and Kevin Clark. They even resembled each other. Just a crush on Kevin.....best friend's big brother....cute as could be and so nice and cooool...and oh, that smile! I used to wish I was older so just maybe he would look at me as more that Linda's skinny friend. In fact, all of the Clark boys were handsome... but there was just something special about Kevin...I'm convinced that my intense love and knowledge of music came from the days of the basement...listening to sounds that elevated me from the Monkees...opening my eyes and ears to so much more. I'll never forget Kevin and all of the great memories of those days in Oceanport... I'm still in touch with Linda and my heart broke for all of you when I learned the tragic news. He always seemed so immortal to me and I would have never expected to hear such sad news. He was certainly my first true love but he never knew it... I was too young and a geek. I remember how close everyone was and what he meant to the rest of you... One more thing that I recall is Kevin's love for his mom. He adored her and I remember what a good son he was. All of your wonderful memories will keep him alive in your hearts forever!

--
Yvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment